PP material is also called polypropylene material. It is one of the common materials used in recent decades. However, after the advancement of science and technology, people gradually no longer fancy the ability of the original polypropylene and need better performance. Rigidity is the demand. Among the relatively large performance improvement objects, this will enter our topic today-GF Reinforced PP Granules.
GF Reinforced PP Granules
Polypropylene has good processing properties, good corrosion resistance, electrical insulation, and mechanical properties that are much higher than polyethylene, but there are certain defects, such as large shrinkage, poor wear resistance, and low-temperature resistance. Wait, glass fiber reinforced modified PP came down like a "savior", solving many problems that could not be completed in the original process.
Through the reinforcement of glass fiber, PP has a tensile strength of 65MPa ~ 90MPa, a flexural strength of 70MPa ~ 120MPa, and a flexural modulus of 3000MPa ~ 4500MPa. This mechanical strength is completely comparable to ABS and reinforced ABS products and more Heat resistant. The heat resistance temperature of glass fiber reinforced PP granules can reach 135 ℃ ~ 145 ℃.
The advantages of glass fiber reinforced PP material in PP Modified Material:
1. The shrinkage of glass fiber reinforced PP has dropped a lot and the rigidity has also been greatly improved.
2. Glass fiber reinforced PP plastic will not stress crack and improve its impact resistance.
3. The heat-resistant temperature of glass fiber reinforced PP has increased a lot.
4. After the glass fiber is reinforced, the strength of PP is improved, such as tensile strength, compressive strength, and bending strength.
5. After the glass fiber is reinforced, the burning performance of PP plastics decreases a lot.
Disadvantages of glass fiber reinforced PP granules in PP modified material:
1. After the glass fiber is strengthened, the toughness of PP decreases and the brittleness increases.
2. After the glass fiber is reinforced, the melt viscosity of PP increases, the fluidity becomes worse, and the injection pressure increases a lot.
3. After the glass fiber is strengthened, the transparency of the material decreases.
4. After the glass fiber is reinforced, the moisture absorption performance of PP is greatly enhanced. Therefore, it must be dried during the injection.
5. After the glass fiber is reinforced, during the injection molding process, the glass fiber can enter the surface of the plastic product, making the surface of the product very rough. When injection molding is required, a mold temperature machine is used to heat the mold, so that the plastic polymer enters the surface of the product and obtains a high surface quality.
6. After the glass fiber is reinforced, the PP material has poor fluidity, and the injection temperature of the reinforced plastic is increased by 10 ° C-30 ° C.
7. After the glass fiber is reinforced, pay attention to the surface anticorrosive treatment and surface hardness treatment of the equipment.
As a Glass Fiber PP Granules Wholesale, share with you the application of glass fiber reinforced PP granules:
PP and glass fiber materials can be used to make axial fans and cross-flow fans in refrigerators, air conditioners and other refrigeration equipment. In addition, it can also be used to manufacture the inner bucket, pulsator, and pulley of high-speed washing machines to meet its high requirements for mechanical properties. It is also used in places with high temperature resistance requirements such as rice cooker bases and handles, electronic microwave ovens.