As a PA6 Compound Manufacturer, share with you the factors that affect the
toughening effect of modified plastics.
The three major factors that affect the toughening effect of modified plastics are explained in detail: the characteristics of the matrix resin, the characteristics and amount of the toughener, and the binding force between the two phases, which are described in detail below:
Toughening Nylon PA6 Granules
First, the characteristics of the matrix resin
Increasing the toughness of the matrix resin is conducive to improving the toughening effect of toughened plastics. Improving the toughness of the matrix resin can be achieved in the following ways:
Increase the molecular weight of the matrix resin to narrow the molecular weight distribution; improve toughness by controlling whether it is crystalline and the degree of crystallinity, crystal size, and crystal form. For example, adding a nucleating agent to the PP Compound increases the crystallization rate and refines the grains, thereby improving fracture toughness.
Second, the characteristics and amount of toughener
1. Effect of particle size of the dispersed phase of the toughening agent-For elastomer toughened plastics, the characteristics of the matrix resin are different, and the optimal value of the particle size of the dispersed phase of the elastomer is also different. For example, the optimal particle size of rubber in HIPS is 0.8-1.3 μm, the optimal particle size of ABS is about 0.3 μm, and the optimal particle size of PVC-modified ABS is about 0.1 μm.
2. The effect of the amount of toughening agent, there is an optimal value for the amount of toughening agent, which is related to the particle spacing parameter.
3. The effect of toughening agent glass transition temperature. Generally, the lower the glass transition temperature of the elastomer, the better the toughening effect.
4. The influence of the interface strength between the toughener and the matrix resin, and the influence of the interface bond strength on the toughening effect varies from system to system.
5. The effect of the elastomer toughener structure is related to the type of elastomer and the degree of crosslinking.
Third, the binding force between the two phases
The two phases have a good bonding force, which can effectively transfer between the phases when stress occurs and consume more energy. On the macro level, the better the overall performance of plastics, especially the improvement in impact strength. Generally, this binding force can be understood as the interaction force between the two phases. Graft copolymerization and block copolymerization are typical methods to increase the two-phase binding force. The difference is that they form chemical bonds through chemical syntheses, such as bonding. Branch copolymer HIPS, ABS, block copolymer SBS, polyurethane.
Our company also has Toughening Nylon PA6 Granules on sale, welcome to consult.