PC Flame Retardant will have different requirements according to different
application fields. Today we will talk about how to increase the gloss of flame
retardant PC products. Is flame retardant PC a non-flammable polycarbonate
material? The answer is not. Generally speaking, everyone sees the term flame
retardant PC as its name suggests that it is an incombustible material. In fact,
the real meaning is that polycarbonate materials prevent or inhibit physical or
chemical changes during the combustion process speed process, then what is the
classification of flame retardant PC based on?
Flame Retardant PC V0 Granules
Flame retardant grades gradually increase from HB, V2, V1 to V0. Higher flame retardant grades than V0 also include 5V, 5VB and 5VA. The following will introduce the data of flame retardant PC classification.
1. HB: Horizontal specimens with a thickness of less than 3mm burn slowly, and the burning speed is less than 76mm / min.
2. V-2: The vertical sample should stop burning within 30 seconds, and allow burning materials to drip.
3. V-1: The vertical sample stops burning within 30 seconds, and no droplets are allowed.
4. Flame Retardant PC V0 Granules: The vertical sample stops burning within 10 seconds, and no droplets are allowed.
5. 5V: The vertical sample should be subjected to 5 times of 127mm flame for 5 seconds each time, and the liquid droplets cannot ignite the cotton under 60 seconds.
6. 5VB: The vertical sample must be subjected to 5 times of 127mm flame for 5 seconds each time, allowing perforation, and the droplets cannot ignite the cotton under 60 seconds.
7. 5VA: The vertical sample must be subjected to 5 times of 127mm flame for 5 seconds each time. Perforation is not allowed during the burning, and the droplets cannot ignite the cotton under 60 seconds.
Next, we analyze the effect of the filler on the gloss of the product from the aspect of the filler:
First, almost all fillers will have some effects on the gloss of flame retardant of plastic particles, but the degree of influence is different, and the effect on gloss is exemplified: glass fiber> talc> mineral
Second, the micro-shape of the filler will also have different degrees of impact on the final molded product, such as flakes> acicular> granular> spherical.
Third, the smaller the particle sizes of the filler, the smaller the effect on the gloss of the product, and the wider the particle size distribution of the filler, the lower the surface gloss of the product.
Fourth, the larger the filling amount of the filler, the lower the gloss of the molded product.
In addition to the effects of fillers, the PC's own melt flow rate, molecular weight distribution, and water absorption also affect the gloss of the product. The commonly used methods for improving the gloss of flame-retardant PC plastic particles are: adding additives, in addition to blending increments, morphology control, smoothness of molding equipment and secondary processing to increase the gloss of products.
Our company's Glass Fiber Reinforced PC and PC V0 flame retardant materials are still on sale, welcome to consult.