Mineral Filled PP Granules is the main modification method of PP reinforced
plastics. Mineral-filled PP modification refers to the addition of calcium
carbonate, talc, wollastonite, glass beads, mica powder and other minerals to PP
raw materials. These minerals can not only improve the mechanical properties and
impact toughness of PP polypropylene materials to a certain extent, but also
reduce the molding shrinkage of PP polypropylene materials to enhance their
dimensional stability, and make PP materials have good fluidity and mechanical
properties. Mineral-filled PP modified plastics can be widely used in small
appliances housings, air-conditioning outdoor units, various electronic and
electrical components, engineering structural components, etc.
Mineral Filled PP Granules
At present, the application parts of mineral-filled PP modification in home appliances mainly include inner buckets, pulsators, and clothes removal parts of pulsator washing machines and drum washing machines; sealing strips for microwave ovens, speaker horns, and horn brackets; refrigerator shelves Rack; shell and base of rice cooker, etc.
Mineral-filled PP modified plastics used for plastic parts on rice cookers are mainly divided into high-gloss and heat-resistant types. The rice cooker shell requires high gloss, while the base requires high heat resistance of the material. The outer shell of the rice cooker was mainly made by ABS before. Due to cost pressure, PP Modified Material is now mainly used to replace ABS. Rice cooker shell materials are required to have a high gloss and low shrinkage properties. It is possible to improve the shrinkage by mineral filling, but in the selection of minerals, glass beads, barium sulfate, calcium carbonate, etc., which have little effect on the surface gloss, can be selected. If necessary, nucleating agents, lubricants, fluorescent agents, etc. can also be used. To improve surface gloss.
The purpose of talc and calcium carbonate for filling is:
1. Increase dimensional stability, that is, decrease shrinkage.
2. Increase the stiffness of the material.
3. Increase the heat resistance of the material.
4. Reduce material costs, etc.
Talcum powder has the same particle size as calcium carbonate. Generally, it is 300 mesh, 600 mesh, 800 mesh, 1250 mesh, and 2500 mesh. Of course, there are finer ones. Generally, 800 mesh and 1250 mesh can be used in plastics. Two, which maximizes performance.
The difference between talcum powder and calcium carbonate:
1. The shape of talc is flaky, so it has higher rigidity, dimensional stability and heat-resistant temperature, and has a good reinforcing effect.
2. Calcium carbonate is generally granular, so its stiffness and other aspects are not as good as talc, but its price is cheaper, and its whiteness is high, and it has little impact on the impact toughness of plastics.
3. Talc powder has nucleation effect on polypropylene, but calcium carbonate has no obvious effect in this respect.
4. Calcium carbonate can generally be divided into light calcium carbonate and heavy calcium carbonate, and talc powder does not have this distinction. Talc powder is ground from natural minerals.
We are PP MD30, PP MD20, PP TD20 ect Modified Material Supplier, welcome to consult.